Plastic Surgery Pros and Cons List
THE PROS OF PLASTIC SURGERY
1. Many people use plastic surgery to enhance their looks. Whether its tightening up loose skin or smoothing out wrinkle lines, a little nip and tuck from a plastic surgeon can help!
2. Many people struggle with confidence issues because of their appearance. With a little cosmetic surgery, most people are more pleased with their appearance and are more confident in the world around them because of this new found look provided by a plastic surgeon.
3. Studies have shown that people who get cosmetic surgery and have a boost in confidence also have better relationships with their partners and with others. Most believe that it is because they aren’t so worried about how people will see them and feel less judged.
THE CONS OF PLASTIC SURGERY
1. Plastic surgery is one of the highest costs for surgery there is. In most cases, unless you can prove a medical need for the surgery, your insurance won’t cover the procedure and you can end up spending a lot of money.
2. As with any surgery, there is always a risk of complications. Muscle and tissue damage, scarring, and infections are all complications that can happen when you have surgery.
3. For many people, expectations are not always realistic. While you may be expecting to go from plain and simple girl next door to the stunning Angelina Jolie, you may be disappointed that it isn’t always as you may think.
4. Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be left with scars or numbness. For those who have implants with their cosmetic surgery, you risk your body rejecting the implant and having to have the implant removed in another surgery.
While there are many good and bad reasons to get plastic surgery, the decision lies within you. Knowing what the good and bad effects are can help you make a more informed decision. Your health should always be a top priority when it comes to considering plastic surgery.